You can now listen to this article
There is something special about receiving a handwritten notecard. It communicates that someone took the extra time to acknowledge you. I love sending notecards because I know how special they can be.
Unfortunately, I seldom actually send one out. It is worth the time to do, and it’s hard.
My first psychological barrier is that I believe my handwriting is terrible! Next, making sure I have cards and postage available, and then getting the note to the post office seems like an insurmountable problem.
Because of this, I’m always looking for technology solutions that help me actually send out thank you notes. Over the last few years, I’ve explored various options and platforms, yet none have quite fit my needs.
In my continuing quest, I recently came across Handwrytten (no, that is not misspelled!).
Handwritten Notes with Handwrytten
Handwrytten is a platform that utilizes custom-designed robots that use a pen to “hand write” the exact text you want on your note. They have a wide variety of predesigned cards including birthday, graduation, thank you, thanks for doing business with us, etc. You can also send them your custom-designed notecards.
The picture below shows my custom-designed notecard that was added to the Handwrytten platform. In addition to my custom card, I can choose to send any card in the Handwrytten catalog.
Handwrytten allows you to send handwritten cards in pen at scale.
Following are some of the features of the Handwrytten platform:
- Cost starts at $3.25 per card including the card, envelope (with return address) and US First Class postage.
- Discounts are available for prepaid orders starting at 20% for 100 cards. At this level, the effective cost is $3.15 per card.
- There is a wide selection of handwriting fonts available to use on your cards.
- Bring Your Own Cards are available with a 1-time $100 setup fee. The cost of the cards above is reduced by $0.25 from the prepaid listed price.
- Your custom signature is available for a one-time setup fee of $250.
- Your custom handwriting font is available for a one-time fee of $1,000.
- Messaging templates allow you to craft different messages and apply to a card. You can then customize for the individual.
- An address book allows you to upload your contact list so name and address information is available at a click.
- Gift Cards are available as an option from various vendors including Amazon and Starbucks in multiple amounts starting at $10.
- Integration is available through the Salesforce AppExchange and Zapier. An API is also available for those who need integrations with other platforms.
- A mobile app is available for both the iOS and Android platform.
The team at Handwrytten has agreed to allow me to offer TechTips readers a free card. If you are interested, simply go to handwrytten.com and create an account. Use the code HANDCARD for a $5 credit on your account!
High touch is essential in the digital world. Finding a technology solution that helps deliver personal touches is a winner.
Let me know how it goes! I think you will like the results.
What tools do you use to create high touches with clients and prospects?