You can now listen to this article
The last time I wrote about Snagit Screen Capture Program was a few years ago. You can read that article here. Snagit continues to be updated and improved.
One of the latest additions is the ability to use pre-defined templates to create different screen capture layouts. Many (most?) agencies use screen capture software to document their workflows and procedures within the organization.
This new Snagit template feature significantly streamlines the process of creating these types of graphics.
The Process is Easy
- The first step is to choose the option for “image from template” in the Snagit editor.
- Next, select the images you want to use in your template.
- If you’ve already selected your template layout, you can drag and drop images from your recent captures tray onto the template drop zones.
- If you’re just getting started, select the images you want in your template from the recent tray at the bottom of the screen. Press Control + click to select the images. Or, hold Shift + click to choose a series of images.
- Then click Create and choose images from a template. As you can see in the graphic above, you can choose from a wide variety of templates.
If you have an older version of Snagit, be sure to upgrade to the latest to have full access to this new feature.
How do you screen capture software within your organization? What tips or tricks have you discovered that save you time and effort?